Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Photograph 1: Ruffin, Pvt. Edmund, Confederate soldier who fired the first shot against Fort Sumter





By the hands of Mr. Edmund Ruffin
I began the civil war
Fired against Fort Sumter
Didn’t know what was in store
All I heard was screams, moans
And the Yanks are coming
Fire, fire, fire
Can’t leave them controlling
Hurray, we have won the battle
But I feel so ashamed
Hurt so many soldiers
And the Union we defamed
Now that I have been through the mill
And feel so played out
We have lost the war
And now the Yanks victory shouts
Each side had their own thoughts
And thought they knew best
But now it is all finally over
And I feel very blessed

1 comment:

  1. Very good. I like how you took the rifle through the entire conflict.
    30/30 points for this one, too.

    ReplyDelete