Monday, August 10, 2009

Assignment 1: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I think one of the main reasons why people emigrate from their countries to the United States is for economic reasons. My family was one of those families searching for the “American Dream”. The lives of people in countries with no economic stability are sometimes very poor to the point where they do not have the very basic needs like clean water. They want to improve their quality of life and want their children to be well-educated so they can have a better future. They sometimes do leave family behind and that is the hardest part, but sometimes to improve something some sacrifices have to be made. If I were to decide to emigrate from any country, it would have to be for both economic or freedom reasons. I think both are very important because if I am not free and I can’t enjoy the fact that I have more economic stability and then there really isn’t any point to being more stable. Now on the other hand, if I had freedom and no economic stability, then I would not be able to enjoy my freedom. I think both go hand in hand.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful responses. Thorough, thoughtful, and well written. Your explanation to the second question is very relevant. If you don't mind me asking, where is your family from?

    20/20 points. Keep the strong posts coming.

    ReplyDelete